XploreME!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what...

3 posters

Go down

XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what... Empty XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what...

Post by and3 Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:24 pm

ThaPhoenix, Love the XGUI interface very much, it is a major improvement - the sweetest!!

1. Picture Viewer - cannot view large images > 1600x1200 (might be bug); by the time you release 4.0 final please add an option in picture viewer so that all large images can be auto-scaled to screen resolution, I wouldn't mind if it took longer to load but it is better than with siome images only viewing a percentage of it_ this needs to be addressed.

2. Motorola users may not have a keypad problem but the biggest encountered for me as an SE user is the keypad configuration issue - for all SE (sony ericsson) phones thier is a same method for exitting or going back from a menu which the button that looks like this -->

PLEASE fix this issue for final version, it is really hurting my fingers Smile

a. We can specify which keys to use for what in a keypad config option and then the app can save these keypad configurations.

b. Or better simply get an SE phone (again) to test and see for yourself what keypad keys should be apropiate for what and add it to your SE phone platform on xplorerme. Look at how it should be below

SE
Code:
main back button - should be used for exiting/going back, currently this setting is used by the top right selection key (which is not the best).

main selection button - this should be the play/stop button and not key '8' in the player, currently this button is used to select each app sleeper, dicer etc. (great!) but when we go into music we have a whole new different control in where the main selection button calls up 'jump track' - this really needs fixing. On SE Walkman phones the main selection button sometimes main play button like on my SE w580i

main right/left keys - you have correct these so that they dont only go to next track but also ffwrd and rewind upon hold like standard media players - I myself have not even found how to ffwrd and rewind. In picture viewer the the right/left keys should be used for navigation instead, then the up/down keys for rotation and perhaps the 1,2,3 keys for zoom.

main up/down buttons - these like, kd player and others, should be used for the volume (volume up or down) and not for music stop - if you get an SE phone to test you would see how frustrating it can be LOL

I like 1,2,3 keys - for track, shuffle and repeat, and this should be kept. However I find that with repeat each track you have to select '1' in where a bracket appears, I would prefer if you replaced the bracket with a number 1 or one in small and then added that to the actual repeat selection on key '3' so that it is more in line. In other words when we press '3' it should be as simple as repeat playlist or repeat each track.

3. I love how I can play music while viewing my images in 'picture viewer' but as I suggested earlier even a BASIC music library interface should be included so that we have a 'now playing' option. Exitting Picture Viewer and stopping the music would be more practical this way (it needed). I like how this app loads content from the storage card/phone memory very fast, which brings me to my next suggestion.

4. Please, ThaPhoenix, in 'choose source' for each or all applications in xplorerME you must set an option to 'always' read from source, I have a 2gb storage card in my SE, and I like how we can select each source and find it a nice option but I would also like a second option to always keep to the selection without having to keep selecting. Example. I keep choosing 'Mixed' for 'music player', 'video' and picture viewer but I would just like to stay with mixed accross all or stay with storage card accross all via an option setting.

5. BUG - picture viewer cannot view some .JPG, but can this be because of the size of the image (534x800), I am getting 'cant open on this phone platform' - this is ruins the experience, so this can be looked at too before preparing 4.0 final. I love how you made it fullscreen view for all images this is good.

6. Volume is low as a default, but does not bother me personally much as I have lovely bluetooth headphones that makes even the lowest volume mobile phone sound loudtastic bounce Very Happy

7. very easy - On the main xgui app selection menu, can you make it so that when I hold any of the left,right,up,down keys it flash flicks through the selections other than when I hold left,right,up,down it does not flick though the selections - this would make a small improvement.

8. consider - adding a date/time display in the main xgui selection menu, although this is not important as the other selections at this current version.

Album ART and Video - This needs a slight fix too before 4.0 final just as mentioned HERE I think thier should be a blank frame where art would be within the player even if it tae a little longer to load

This app is beautiful and is a God send for most of us here, we all know version 4 is the first to include support outside of mototorla phones and I am not telling you what to do. in full support and glad that you released the 2 bettas for public testing. My main nags to be addressed are outlined above. mANY thanks Smile

..antipating your reply

Last edited by on Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
and3
and3

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what... Empty Re: XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what...

Post by and3 Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:55 pm

this is main back button - https://2img.net/h/oi24.tinypic.com/n5issp.jpg
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what... Empty Re: XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what...

Post by carlosmarioagamez Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:23 pm

Talking about screen size for 176*220 Sonyericsson Phones:

Choice Device its ok, i think; this looks like this

XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what... Choicedevicefx1

Main Menu: Here exist a problem:

XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what... Menuwa7

Browsing files:

XpmorerME 4 beta 2, I love but please read what... Browsinguh5

carlosmarioagamez
carlosmarioagamez

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-09-30

http://www.seus-team.org

Back to top Go down

Post by and3 Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:35 pm

A 176*220 version will be compiled by the 4.0 final, as ThaPhoenix previously mentioned. But in-application issues need to be addressed first. 176*220 version is of great importance to non-QVGA screen phone users like what I have on my old k750i.

thaphoenix, do you have your response for my list of queries, I have patience,I have set this topic to alert me via email Smile
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

Post by carlosmarioagamez Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:51 pm

Look, an advance in this version is that 176*220 user can opnet the file an see the Menu "fine", is just an advicve Wink

- Another thing is:

In Sonyericsson V630 phone meanwhile you are viewing files changing betwen files is too slow
carlosmarioagamez
carlosmarioagamez

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-09-30

http://www.seus-team.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:04 pm

and3 wrote:ThaPhoenix, Love the XGUI interface very much, it is a major improvement - the sweetest!!

1. Picture Viewer - cannot view large images > 1600x1200 (might be bug); by the time you release 4.0 final please add an option in picture viewer so that all large images can be auto-scaled to screen resolution, I wouldn't mind if it took longer to load but it is better than with siome images only viewing a percentage of it_ this needs to be addressed.

2. Motorola users may not have a keypad problem but the biggest encountered for me as an SE user is the keypad configuration issue - for all SE (sony ericsson) phones thier is a same method for exitting or going back from a menu which the button that looks like this -->

PLEASE fix this issue for final version, it is really hurting my fingers Smile

a. We can specify which keys to use for what in a keypad config option and then the app can save these keypad configurations.

b. Or better simply get an SE phone (again) to test and see for yourself what keypad keys should be apropiate for what and add it to your SE phone platform on xplorerme. Look at how it should be below

SE
Code:
main back button - should be used for exiting/going back, currently this setting is used by the top right selection key (which is not the best).

main selection button - this should be the play/stop button and not key '8' in the player, currently this button is used to select each app sleeper, dicer etc. (great!) but when we go into music we have a whole new different control in where the main selection button calls up 'jump track' - this really needs fixing. On SE Walkman phones the main selection button sometimes main play button like on my SE w580i

main right/left keys - you have correct these so that they dont only go to next track but also ffwrd and rewind upon hold like standard media players - I myself have not even found how to ffwrd and rewind. In picture viewer the the right/left keys should be used for navigation instead, then the up/down keys for rotation and perhaps the 1,2,3 keys for zoom.

main up/down buttons - these like, kd player and others, should be used for the volume (volume up or down) and not for music stop - if you get an SE phone to test you would see how frustrating it can be LOL

I like 1,2,3 keys - for track, shuffle and repeat, and this should be kept. However I find that with repeat each track you have to select '1' in where a bracket appears, I would prefer if you replaced the bracket with a number 1 or one in small and then added that to the actual repeat selection on key '3' so that it is more in line. In other words when we press '3' it should be as simple as repeat playlist or repeat each track.

3. I love how I can play music while viewing my images in 'picture viewer' but as I suggested earlier even a BASIC music library interface should be included so that we have a 'now playing' option. Exitting Picture Viewer and stopping the music would be more practical this way (it needed). I like how this app loads content from the storage card/phone memory very fast, which brings me to my next suggestion.

4. Please, ThaPhoenix, in 'choose source' for each or all applications in xplorerME you must set an option to 'always' read from source, I have a 2gb storage card in my SE, and I like how we can select each source and find it a nice option but I would also like a second option to always keep to the selection without having to keep selecting. Example. I keep choosing 'Mixed' for 'music player', 'video' and picture viewer but I would just like to stay with mixed accross all or stay with storage card accross all via an option setting.

5. BUG - picture viewer cannot view some .JPG, but can this be because of the size of the image (534x800), I am getting 'cant open on this phone platform' - this is ruins the experience, so this can be looked at too before preparing 4.0 final. I love how you made it fullscreen view for all images this is good.

6. Volume is low as a default, but does not bother me personally much as I have lovely bluetooth headphones that makes even the lowest volume mobile phone sound loudtastic bounce Very Happy

7. very easy - On the main xgui app selection menu, can you make it so that when I hold any of the left,right,up,down keys it flash flicks through the selections other than when I hold left,right,up,down it does not flick though the selections - this would make a small improvement.

8. consider - adding a date/time display in the main xgui selection menu, although this is not important as the other selections at this current version.

Album ART and Video - This needs a slight fix too before 4.0 final just as mentioned HERE I think thier should be a blank frame where art would be within the player even if it tae a little longer to load

This app is beautiful and is a God send for most of us here, we all know version 4 is the first to include support outside of mototorla phones and I am not telling you what to do. in full support and glad that you released the 2 bettas for public testing. My main nags to be addressed are outlined above. mANY thanks Smile

..antipating your reply

1. what does the error tells you?
2. whats the problem with the soft2 key? only when holding it it will quit the program, if you press it lightly it will do its original job.. what
is so painful with thay?
mediaPlayer keys will be reconfigured when ill convert it to an Xgui one,
so dont worry about those keys.
3. as i said before, there WILL be a playlist manager....
4. you have auto priority system wich jumps up the source selection so
you need only to click twice on "select",
but ill see if other option will fit.
5. for big images im using something that called JPGscale, its
an motorola built-in class that resize the image. nokia and SE doesnt
have this class so i dont have a way to resize the image if it big because
its need more that 1.5 MB heap memory that java has. if you want help
me solving it in SE, i need to find a way to do it (loading the image already resized) in SE...
6. volume is what you set it to be, there is no diffrence from
the built-in player, make sure that the java volume is set to its high level.
7. ill do it
8. i have a plan to put clock on evey Xgui screen, but i dont know if it will be on 4.0
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2007-02-24

https://xploreme.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:13 pm

carlosmarioagamez wrote:Look, an advance in this version is that 176*220 user can opnet the file an see the Menu "fine", is just an advicve Wink

- Another thing is:

In Sonyericsson V630 phone meanwhile you are viewing files changing betwen files is too slow

i already started working on support of 176*220 or other resolutions,
a full or partial support will be on the next beta version
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2007-02-24

https://xploreme.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by and3 Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:28 pm

Thanks for your efforted reply ThaPhoenix and good to hear from you. I await the keypad issue to be resolved the most
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

Post by and3 Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:36 pm

This is minor but on request 7 of mine (which you have fixed). I cannot hold down the key so that the selector mvoes automatically, can you add this

...you know when yo hold down the left/right button and then it moves without separet clicks
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down