XploreME!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Few Quick Questions and Feature Requests

3 posters

Go down

A Few Quick Questions and Feature Requests Empty A Few Quick Questions and Feature Requests

Post by dewaaz Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:26 pm

hi there!

i already posted this on the 3g .c o. uk forums, but thought since you have your own website, that you might prefer to answer this here, so here is a copy of what i wrote there:

hi there, tried your program the other day and all i can say is WOW Shocked ... you've really outdone yourself here! fantastic and easy to use, thanks for this and keep up the good work! Very Happy

i have a couple of questions though that i need to ask...

1: is it possible to list files alphabetically? for example, when browsing audio files, to have them listed in alphabetical order would make it a LOT easier to browse

2: can you extend compatibility for 3ga files to be played in the XploreME! audio player, since they can be played with the phone using the inbuilt audio player? i have many 3ga files on my transflash card (which is the only way to play m4a files on E1000)

3: can playlists be implemented in the audio player? at the moment, when a file is played in the audio player there is a large open space underneath where the whole playlist of files can be listed... it would be great if that could be done rather than having to rely on the (eg. 3/24) display that is currently there (and also if a playlist can be made, to be able to manually select files to be played within that list!)

4: is it possible for an additional file option to include copying via bluetooth? for example, it would be nice to be able to select a 3ga file i have, rename the extension to m4a (which can already be done), and then bluetooth it to a friend's phone... at the moment if i rename the extension to m4a, i can't bluetooth it using the phone's inbuilt function, because the phone will not list audio files that are not supported (similar to how XploreME! won't list 3ga files currently), so it would be nice to be able to do it using XploreME!, since it can already recognise all types of files

other than these questions i have, the rest of the program is absolutely fantastic... i was going to buy another phone in a couple of weeks but this program has given me renewed interest!!! thanks again! Smile

dewaaz

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Back to top Go down

A Few Quick Questions and Feature Requests Empty Re: A Few Quick Questions and Feature Requests

Post by ThaPhoeniX Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:49 pm

dewaaz wrote:hi there!

i already posted this on the 3g .c o. uk forums, but thought since you have your own website, that you might prefer to answer this here, so here is a copy of what i wrote there:

hi there, tried your program the other day and all i can say is WOW Shocked ... you've really outdone yourself here! fantastic and easy to use, thanks for this and keep up the good work! Very Happy

i have a couple of questions though that i need to ask...

1: is it possible to list files alphabetically? for example, when browsing audio files, to have them listed in alphabetical order would make it a LOT easier to browse

2: can you extend compatibility for 3ga files to be played in the XploreME! audio player, since they can be played with the phone using the inbuilt audio player? i have many 3ga files on my transflash card (which is the only way to play m4a files on E1000)

3: can playlists be implemented in the audio player? at the moment, when a file is played in the audio player there is a large open space underneath where the whole playlist of files can be listed... it would be great if that could be done rather than having to rely on the (eg. 3/24) display that is currently there (and also if a playlist can be made, to be able to manually select files to be played within that list!)

4: is it possible for an additional file option to include copying via bluetooth? for example, it would be nice to be able to select a 3ga file i have, rename the extension to m4a (which can already be done), and then bluetooth it to a friend's phone... at the moment if i rename the extension to m4a, i can't bluetooth it using the phone's inbuilt function, because the phone will not list audio files that are not supported (similar to how XploreME! won't list 3ga files currently), so it would be nice to be able to do it using XploreME!, since it can already recognise all types of files

other than these questions i have, the rest of the program is absolutely fantastic... i was going to buy another phone in a couple of weeks but this program has given me renewed interest!!! thanks again! Smile

1. sorting files will make file listing much slower, i will do sorting
but only after ill make a new List UI that will make the filelisting
MUCH faster, but that will take time bacuse its alot of programming
and i dont have much time to deal with it.

2. yes, i will add 3ga support, next version will have it Wink

3. along with the new list UI i will add an option to view
the playlist from inside the player, for now, you have JUMP TO TRACK.
manually playlists will also be added.

4. Motorola has blocked BlueTooth access to java apps, so
i cant do a thing... only if a NEW/HACKED firmware will be published
that remove this blocking, i could add BT options.

5. thanks, hope you will enjoy Smile
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Number of posts : 387

https://xploreme.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

A Few Quick Questions and Feature Requests Empty Re: A Few Quick Questions and Feature Requests

Post by dewaaz Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:21 pm

mate,

that was great, thanks a lot for the fast reply!! Smile

looking forward to the next version Very Happy

dewaaz

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:43 pm

My V3x allows Java apps to control bluetooth. 'BT Info 1.07 works well. It's a program which hacks other bluetooth devices, so I guess that if this is able to control BT, it can be done for any other java app on the V3x as well.

Some other suggestions (some of these are coming from friends of mine as well):
Is it possible to increase the photo resolution the phone is able to open with XploreMe!?

Is it possible to increase the video playback resolution and FPS limit?

Is it possible to make videos play in full screen?

Thanks.

ferrarix

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:51 pm

ferrarix wrote:My V3x allows Java apps to control bluetooth. 'BT Info 1.07 works well. It's a program which hacks other bluetooth devices, so I guess that if this is able to control BT, it can be done for any other java app on the V3x as well.

Some other suggestions (some of these are coming from friends of mine as well):
Is it possible to increase the photo resolution the phone is able to open with XploreMe!?

Is it possible to increase the video playback resolution and FPS limit?

Is it possible to make videos play in full screen?

Thanks.

1. what resolution isn't supported?
2. no
3. no
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:55 am

Quoted from avatar_43 and ashyr from www.modmymoto.com I didn't check the picture resolution myself.

Here are the quotes:
And I have noticed that it doesn't support the
same res as the inbuilt image viewer, tried a 1280*1024 image and it
said "too large"
Yes, the phone reads 1600x1200 pictures, just not
the java app, Probably due to tha fect that it was for the e1000 and
1280x960 is the maximum
and ashyr
yeah images are too large for xploreme.

This is the thread where these are written.

ferrarix

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:12 pm

ferrarix wrote:Quoted from avatar_43 and ashyr from www.modmymoto.com I didn't check the picture resolution myself.

Here are the quotes:
And I have noticed that it doesn't support the
same res as the inbuilt image viewer, tried a 1280*1024 image and it
said "too large"
Yes, the phone reads 1600x1200 pictures, just not
the java app, Probably due to tha fect that it was for the e1000 and
1280x960 is the maximum
and ashyr
yeah images are too large for xploreme.

This is the thread where these are written.

ill check it
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:28 pm

there is no limitation of the resolution,
there is only a limit of 450 Kb file size,
BUT in order to see pictures larger than 640x480
you must enable "extended mode" in the options menu
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:50 pm

Thanks but there isn't any "extended mode" option in the options menu. I have the RAZR V3x.

ferrarix

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:53 pm

ferrarix wrote:Thanks but there isn't any "extended mode" option in the options menu. I have the RAZR V3x.

There is an option: "V3X firmware" (first option), enable it.
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:24 pm

I see ok thanks. Had it enabled already though.

ferrarix

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:49 am

Another thing. A suggestion for the recorder now available on Version 3.6. Is it possible to make it record in *.MP3 and with a bitrate of atleast 64 preferably 96kbps?

Thanks for your work and time,
ferrarix.

ferrarix

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:49 am

ferrarix wrote:Another thing. A suggestion for the recorder now available on Version 3.6. Is it possible to make it record in *.MP3 and with a bitrate of atleast 64 preferably 96kbps?

Thanks for your work and time,
ferrarix.

no its not possible, only .amr
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:53 pm

Thanks, can the bitrate be increased on amr then?

ferrarix

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:01 pm

ferrarix wrote:Thanks, can the bitrate be increased on amr then?

didnt found a way to do it but ill check
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down