XploreME!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PORT xploreme 'media player' for Sony Ericsson & Nokia (

5 posters

Go down

PORT xploreme 'media player' for Sony Ericsson & Nokia ( Empty PORT xploreme 'media player' for Sony Ericsson & Nokia (

Post by and3 Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:29 am

I am new here, so hi all,

I was browsing over at 3g.co.uk and reading the forums there, and was draw to a discussion on xploreme.

I also saw this pic on main site of the media player - https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img72/8003/dsc00555mj6.jpg

I myself have not got a Motorola but have a SE (sony ericcsson k800i) only phone I own.

How come not extended to support other brands than just Motorola brand phones - a support for Sony Erricason and maybe Nokia - I'm sure this has been requested I am just after that lovely media player and pciture viewer. The screenshots look great

installed .jar file and can almost run the app but think cause SE uses different directory paths than Motorola for scanning the actual files - pics--> https://2img.net/h/oi18.tinypic.com/53emtjd.jpg

i am able to post a better pic, better wait till in the morning when i'm outside
and3
and3

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

PORT xploreme 'media player' for Sony Ericsson & Nokia ( Empty Re: PORT xploreme 'media player' for Sony Ericsson & Nokia (

Post by ThaPhoeniX Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:42 am

and3 wrote:I am new here, so hi all,

I was browsing over at 3g.co.uk and reading the forums there, and was draw to a discussion on xploreme.

I also saw this pic on main site of the media player - https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img72/8003/dsc00555mj6.jpg

I myself have not got a Motorola but have a SE (sony ericcsson k800i) only phone I own.

How come not extended to support other brands than just Motorola brand phones - a support for Sony Erricason and maybe Nokia - I'm sure this has been requested I am just after that lovely media player and pciture viewer. The screenshots look great

installed .jar file and can almost run the app but think cause SE uses different directory paths than Motorola for scanning the actual files - pics--> https://2img.net/h/oi18.tinypic.com/53emtjd.jpg

i am able to post a better pic, better wait till in the morning when i'm outside

i cant adjust XploreME to SE, but i need you to give me the paths of the drives so we can run a test about it and see if it working.
and i need to know the screen resolution, and some more
screenshots of XploreME in some diffrent menus,
try entering the stopper utility and take a picture of your phone i wanna see how it look like.
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2007-02-24

https://xploreme.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

PORT xploreme 'media player' for Sony Ericsson & Nokia ( Empty Re: PORT xploreme 'media player' for Sony Ericsson & Nokia (

Post by ThaPhoeniX Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:44 am

also you need the java app to have full access to your files, can it be done?
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by and3 Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:36 am

There is another Java phone media player called KD Player coded by a Russian guy named Dimitry , it runs nicely but is lacking few features and is the reason why I am asking for your version of XplorerME

The KD Player I have got is the (ENGLISH) 240x320 screen resolution but I have also installed previously the 176x220 version > [VIEW]

BELOW IS THE LINK TO KD PLAYER (for official downloads) - BTW KD PLayer is aimed at SE phones but can also run on Moto and Nokia, the below link is in Russian so just Google translator the page to view in English Smile
Code:
http://www.easter-eggs.by.ru/KDPlayer/FAQ.htm

also you need the java app to have full access to your files, can it be done?
I cannot seem to access the Audio, Video or Pictures even when I give them full access that is the only problem - however I can access the Utilities and the about. The utility 'sleeper' is quite cool may I add.

BTW - ThaPhoenix - can you grab a hold of a freind of your SE phone and run some tests, this app is great and it a shame it is only lkimited to Moto mobiles. Please help my friend!!
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:36 pm

ok, ill try to do something about it.
when you enter this program it shows your the root path?

another question, when you run xploreme, is the screen light is blinking?
if yes, do you know programs for SE that the light is controlled?(not stays always on)
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:00 pm

I don't whether it helps you or not ThaPhoenix but here is the link for the KD Player that I managed to port from the SE to the V3x. Everything is perfect on it - file system access, display size etc.

ferrarix

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:17 pm

ferrarix wrote:I don't whether it helps you or not ThaPhoenix but here is the link for the KD Player that I managed to port from the SE to the V3x. Everything is perfect on it - file system access, display size etc.

what changes have you done? keys?
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:49 pm

do you know how to open permissions on Nokia s40 phones?

can you write to process to open premision on SE?
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by and3 Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:06 am

another question, when you run xploreme, is the screen light is blinking?
if yes, do you know programs for SE that the light is controlled?(not stays always on)

Yes blinks somewhat but only for a bit, it really ins't anything to me and I personally don't view it as a bug - kinda nice the blinking _No I don't know any other program where the light is controlled but I am looking into some other Java apps for the SE and I will update this post if I see any of the blinking occurence.

Looking forward to your work on an SE type for XplorerME

BTW - ferrarix - good work on adaption for KD Player v3x Moto's
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:22 am

ThaPhoeniX wrote:do you know how to open permissions on Nokia s40 phones?

ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:52 am

ThaPhoeniX wrote:what changes have you done? keys?
Keys and screen resolution.

and3 wrote:BTW - ferrarix - good work on adaption for KD Player v3x Moto's
Thanks.

ferrarix

Back to top Go down

Post by and3 Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:15 am

Sorry about taking long to reply, and forgie if info below is not condusive

Nokia s40 = No sorry, I only originall included Nokia in the the request because they are my best make next to SE and them two are the most consumer popular so it would make this app more popular and wider range.

SE k800i = When I open Permissions per Java app, simple - go into 'Organizer'>'Applications'>'XplorerME' press right selection key on keypad to getup some options like screen size, information - one of the options is 'Permissions' selecting that witrh the right selection key from here you can enter and set permisisions based on the follwoing from within the menu:

• Internet Access
  • Messaging
  • Automatic Start
  • Local Connectivity
  • Multimedia
  • Read USer Data
  • Write User Data
NOTE>> 'Permissions' I could only set per app and not across all other apps also path directory is not in any permission settings.

>>This 'from what I know' would be up to the JAVA app itself to specify a directory for scanning and autodetect mobile type & firmware it is on (correct me if I am wrong).

From within KD Player (which scanned and found all my mp3's and vids) it could scan the default directory which went (path's are in bold) /C:/Music , (the paths can be configured from inside this app and saved, for example /C:/Music or/C:/MyOwnFolderName/123 etc)

My m2 2gb memory card is/detected as under drive letter E.

please reply if this helped, Question
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:28 am

and3 wrote:

Sorry about taking long to reply, and forgie if info below is not condusive

Nokia s40 = No sorry, I only originall included Nokia in the the request because they are my best make next to SE and them two are the most consumer popular so it would make this app more popular and wider range.

SE k800i = When I open Permissions per Java app, simple - go into 'Organizer'>'Applications'>'XplorerME' press right selection key on keypad to getup some options like screen size, information - one of the options is 'Permissions' selecting that witrh the right selection key from here you can enter and set permisisions based on the follwoing from within the menu:

• Internet Access
  • Messaging
  • Automatic Start
  • Local Connectivity
  • Multimedia
  • Read USer Data
  • Write User Data
NOTE>> There is no given option from within 'Permissions' to configure or set Path directory for Java apps on SE k800i (most likeely same for all other SE mobiles).

>>This 'from what I know' would be up to the JAVA app itself to specify a directory for scanning and autodetect mobile type & firmware it is on (correct me if I am wrong).

From within KD Player (which scanned and found all my mp3's and vids) it could scan the default directory which went (path's are in bold) /C:/Music , (the paths can be configured from inside this app and saved, for example /C:/Music or/C:/MyOwnFolderName/123 etc)

My m2 2gb memory card is/detected as under drive letter E.

please reply if this helped, Question
thanks for your help
i've managed to run XploreME on sony ericson and access files by myself
already, so version4 will have a SE support Very Happy (thanks to dima, who help me find the right paths and test it)

looking for a way for open permission on Nokia phones, if some one
know, now is the time to tell it
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrarix Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:25 pm

I read somewhere that as long as the app is signed it should work. Not sure though.

ferrarix

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:35 pm

yes but i didnt manged to sign him :\
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by and3 Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:23 am

so version4 will have a SE support

That is great, I guess this means now for version 4 that you 'may' change the "Powertools for your Moto" tagline, I look forward to your new version.
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

Post by charge Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:21 pm

On Permissions in SE phones: The latest phones give the user the ability to allow full read/write access by default. (Using JSR-75). This is possible only on the latest firmwares however. In older phones the user either had to live with accepting a permission each time the app wanted to do something or had to apply a patch.

On backlight control: I'm not sure, but I think that there is a mehanism to control the lighting from within j2me... (I recall seing the option in several j2me apps). The latest version of XploreME! seems to blink upon startup untill a key is pressed.

charge

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaPhoeniX Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:29 pm

charge wrote:On Permissions in SE phones: The latest phones give the user the ability to allow full read/write access by default. (Using JSR-75). This is possible only on the latest firmwares however. In older phones the user either had to live with accepting a permission each time the app wanted to do something or had to apply a patch.

On backlight control: I'm not sure, but I think that there is a mehanism to control the lighting from within j2me... (I recall seing the option in several j2me apps). The latest version of XploreME! seems to blink upon startup untill a key is pressed.
ok thanks for the info
ThaPhoeniX
ThaPhoeniX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dobh32 Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:30 am

thanks for port this wonderfull aplication to SE phones Smile

dobh32

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by and3 Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:38 pm

I have brought myself an SE w580i running firmware version R6CA001 . I can set any of my java apps full read/write access simply by selecting 'never ask' in the permissions of 'read user data' and 'write user data'.

This feature was not present in my K800i orignally when I requested XplorerME for SE as I was running the first ever firmware made without notice Shocked

I guess SE realisied that trusted apps by the user do not need the sign of approval to be installed without warning prompts, this may be of little relevance now since this app would be on SE and Nokia phones now but the 'never ask' feature first arrived sometime ealry 2007 in the SE firmware ver R1KG001

Thank s for support ThaPhoenix
and3
and3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down